Automotive Project Engineer
Are we a match?
Are you looking for the perfect work home? Interestingly, we want to provide a perfect work home for someone who enjoys approaching challenges with a dedicated team!
In this position, you will have a strong voice in ITC's direction as you collaborate with our engineering team to help build and expand our new and thriving automotive sector of business. Your automotive engineering experience will make you a key contributor to this energized team. To hear more about joining our growing automotive team, apply today!
You're still looking at the postinggreat! Let's dive into some perks that ITC provides (they're pretty great if we do say so ourselves!) and then explore the nitty gritty.
WE MIGHT HAVE WHAT YOU'RE INTO
At ITC, you will enjoy paid time off, holidays, health insurance with very competitive contributions and three plans to choose from, dental insurance, life insurance, a 100% vested 401k with match, short term disability, education reimbursement, performance incentive program, employer sponsored community involvement opportunities, company events, ITC Well-Being program, employee assistance program, and voluntary benefit programs such as vision, long term disability, and additional life insurance. You want to learn, grow and advance in your career. That is why each employee gets 12 hours annually of paid job enhancement training completed during the working day.
We understand family commitments may lead to work interruptions. At ITC, you will have the flexibility to take care of important family matters.
Want to work part of the week at home in yoga pants? We get it. We offer hybrid work opportunities for our office team.
Fun and Respectful Culture
Our team loves working hard and having fun! Laughter is our favorite. We host frequent small events and aren't afraid of a party here and there. ITC is big on being respectful and ensuring an environment free of any kind of discrimination or exclusion. But waitthere's more! ITC also teaches and uses the 5 Languages of Appreciation so we can recognize people the way that works best for them. We often hear it's our culture that keeps people here. It's kind of a big deal!
ABOUT THE AUTOMOTIVE PROJECT ENGINEER JOB
AUTOMOTIVE PROJECT ENGINEER SUMMARY
A Project Engineer position within the ITC Engineering Team. The primary focus of this role is to project manage and provide design ownership of automotive development projects. Additional duties of project engineering on other ITC products will be assigned as schedule allows.
THE CORE DUTIES OF THE AUTOMOTIVE PROJECT ENGINEER POSITION
- Manage all key deliverables, timelines and open issues for automotive projects including engineering, quality, production, and commercial aspects of the project.
- Provide technical and design ownership from concept development through production launch for new product development projects, leveraging 3D development for conceptual designs.
- Collaborate with AITC product development team to present concepts and design refinements to establish final design direction as outlined by NPD. (New Product Development Process)
- Assist with local supplier quotes and AITC supplied product costs to meet project statement cost targets for new products.
- Collaborate with the Automotive Sales Team to assist with customer communication and commercial questions.
- Collaborate with Quality departments to identify critical manufacturing and reliability parameters in establishment of validation test plans, work, audit instructions and dimensional reports that meet automotive customer requirements.
- Identify, and assist in product changes relative to automotive & other markets.
- Develop and present project phase and gate approval presentations to gain organizational buy in and approvals.
- Other duties as required.
ITC Incorporated is a dynamic, evolving company that has grown our innovative technology and LED capabilities with collections of products, including several for industries that include Marine, Cruise, RV, Horticulture, Transportation, Architecture and Design, and Commercial Interiors.
ITC provides full-service engineering, development, sourcing, supply chain management, and manufacturing with our cross-functional global team to provide our customers with value, quality, and on-time results.
Want more info? Visit our website at https://www.itc-us.com
JOB DESIRABLES AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5-10 years experience in mechanical design and electro-mechanical packaging within the automotive market or adjacent markets.
- 3-5 years experience managing projects, experience in automotive market a plus.
- A BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Strong Project Management experience
- Excellent customer communication skills
- A desire to work within a product development environment with a team that has a strong multi-industry design & engineering background.