Continuous Improvement Engineer
High Level Job Description:
- Develop, maintain, sustain, audit, train and improve the CI operating system. (MOS, Standard work, problem solving, leadership training/development)
- Oversight of the operations standard work process and system to ensure consistency.
- Drive the deployment of planned improvements against annual targets through use of MOS, problem solving techniques, loss meetings, blueprints, etc.
- Develop and drive the process, system and forum for best practice sharing.
- Maintain and improve data collection systems including reports, dashboards, consistency in data collection.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Facilitates and implements the continuous improvement process (e.g. behaviors, attitude and culture), working with staff and operations to implement and sustain a continuous improvement program based upon lean principles that supports meeting plant goals and targets.
- Leads, identifies and defines scope of continuous improvement planning and activities.
- Leads and/or coordinates continuous improvement activities.
- Works closely with technical resources to help drive efficiencies and develop continuous improvement opportunities and best practices. Teaches and models root cause analysis, problem solving, actions to prevent recurrence, standard work and follow-up.
- Works with the Engineering team and helps to manage a Continuous Improvement docket for the plant and track savings.
- Be a change agent that challenges existing processes that create waste and non-value added work.
- Lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to resolution of assigned projects.
- Lead focused efforts aimed at breakthrough and incremental improvements in process, department and/or line-specific opportunities that meet and exceed plant operational performance metrics.
- Participate in new product/process commercialization process to ensure standard work and best practices are implemented.
- Monitor data and metrics to identify areas of waste and prioritize the development and implementation of solutions.
- Teaches and models tools and concepts of Lean Thinking and Six Sigma, facilitates kaizen events
- Provide appropriate documentation and project update communication.
- Share best practices and build relationships with CI resources at all PCB facilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Deep understanding of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement methodologies and ability to model them.
- Must have strong analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Results driven for being the low cost producer and supporting company growth strategies.
- Have strong bias for action, while proving the ability to inspire others.
- Convey high level of optimism in finding ways to achieve aggressive targets.
- Communicates a sense of purpose. Talks about the possibilities and is optimistic. Creates strong morale and spirit within teams.
- Solves highly complex problems and prioritizes actions in a timely manner. Probes all sources for answers and can quickly sense what will help resolve issues.
- Establish clear directions, lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Speaks candidly and provides constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Organizes and manages projects; interacts, supports, facilitates and leads multi-functional work teams; leads teams to consensus; strong negotiation skills.
- Able to build strong and diverse relationships across the business groups they partner with. Supports and fosters change.
- Demonstrates a passion for safety. Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment.
4-year degree in science, engineering, management or related field.
1-5 years combined related work experience in manufacturing environment. Experience with continuous improvement/Lean Six Sigma efforts preferred.
Post Consumer Brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.