Director of Admissions
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
Provides administrative leadership for the recruitment, outreach, and conversion of prospective students at the College; collaborates with other College personnel including Marketing, Counselors, Advisors, Deans, and Enrollment Services to operationalize initiatives; identifies enrollment trends and plans for outreach initiatives by examining analytics from customer relationship management (CRM) software; serves as thought leader for state funded scholarships and emerging new initiatives; and supervises Admission Coordinators and Student Recruiters. This position is expected to work in a multi-cultural, diverse working environment.
This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required:
- Establishes departmental objectives and leads admissions team in implementing college policies and procedures related to recruitment, outreach, admission and enrollment activities for students.
- Supervises Admissions in creating and supporting strategic plans including cutting edge recruitment methods, multi-audience targets, and analyses of conversion rates from prospective to enrolled students.
- Collaborates with Institutional Effectiveness and Marketing and Communications departments to acquire real time, historical, and future college enrollment analytics to aid in enrollment management planning.
- Develops effective action plans for enrollment management for each target audience via the analysis of recruitment and outreach outcomes with CRM data reports.
- Serves as thought leader for emerging student scholarships and aid (e.g. state-funded scholarships).
- Maintains established relationships with secondary schools, educational institutions, businesses, agencies, and civic organizations; pursues new networks and new recruitment methods with external stakeholders to promote college programs to prospective students.
- Oversees efforts to develop high school dual enrollment and other pre-college learning opportunities.
- Develops and participates in cutting-edge marketing initiatives, including admission communications for prospective students via virtual, face-to-face, social and digital platforms.
- Participation on/membership of College committees as identified by the Vice Chancellor for Marketing & Communications.
- Prepares, recommends, and monitors college wide student recruitment budget.
- Prepares and presents enrollment metrics to internal stakeholders.
- Develops and oversees admissions' outreach calendar.
- Travels as a College representative to external outreach events, as needed; this may include evening and weekend hours.
- Performs other related duties, assigned.
- Ability to work additional hours, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Understanding and commitment to the comprehensive community college mission
- Experience motivating and supervising a team
- Knowledge of marketing and recruitment principles and college admission practices
- Knowledge of student enrollment management strategies
- Skill in both written and verbal communication
- Computer literacy including the how to use customer relationship management (CRM) data
- Highly effective organization skills
- Skills in interpersonal and public relations
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-cultural diverse working environment
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) or more years of recruiting and/or marketing experience with demonstrated managerial or professional experience related to the position. Experience with multi-cultural staff and students preferred. Knowledge of higher education recruitment, markets, and enrollment also preferred.