Heat Treat Technician – Entry Level & Experienced
Up to $22.00/hr starting wage depending on experience. $19.80/hr (2nd Shift) and $19.44/hr (3rd Shift) entry level which includes a shift premium.
$2,000.00 signing bonus!
Job Title: Heat Treat Technician - Entry Level and Experienced
Position type/ expected hours: Full-Time
Shift: 2nd (3:00 PM-11:30 PM), 3rd (11:00 PM-7:30 AM), Shift Patterns (Sun-Thur, Mon-Fri and Tue-Sat), Weekend Shifts (Fri-Mon at 10 hrs per day)
Since 1979, Century Sun Metal Treating has been servicing the metal working industry with high quality heat treating services. Century is seeking an Entry Level Heat Treat Technician to join our team in Traverse City, Michigan. This is an opportunity to learn a skilled trade that you have likely never heard of before! The heat treating of metal is comprised of multiple disciplines, including: induction hardening, salt bath hardening, ion nitriding, vacuum hardening and atmosphere carborizing. Our team is comprised of skilled craftsmen / craftswomen who have made a career out of being the best heat treaters in the country.
There are, currently, multiple technician positions open. These positions are responsible for prepping and processing steel parts through a heat treat process to meet customer specifications. Primary duties include the following:
- Rack parts
- Load and unload furnaces
- Ensure that quality requirements are met
- Document completed tasks
- Follow written and verbal instructions
The ideal candidate to join the Century team will possess the following:
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to follow directions written or verbal
- Positive attitude
- Be detail oriented and possess good organizational skills
- High level of integrity
Century is pleased to offer a competitive hourly rate as well as a comprehensive benefits package, that endorses our commitment to the health and well-being of our team.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Employer contributions to a health savings account
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Annual profit sharing bonus program
- Shift premium for second (10%) and third shift positions (8%)
- Ten company-paid holidays
- Company provided life insurance, short-and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company provided skill development/training opportunities
Come join a team of hardworking and dedicated individuals. Century can provide you with a lifelong career and advancement opportunities! Century, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are required to pass physical, background and drug testing prior to employment, including the testing of marijuana.