Quality Assurance Lab Supervisor
At Post Consumer Brands, we are driven by a single mission: Make Better Happen. This mission is multi-faceted and applies to the consumers we serve, the customers we partner with, and the shareholder value that we create. We are committed to safe, delicious breakfast cereal that is safely produced and responsibly marketed. We are a growth-minded food company that believes deeply in the power of teamwork…and we are looking for our next member of the team.
With more than 85% of households in the United States buying cereal, our brands (Malt-o-Meal, Honey Bunches of Oats, Pebbles, Great Grains, Honeycomb, Grape Nuts, Alpha bits, and more) have been honored to compete in a large category and fill an important space in our consumers' cupboards for more than 100 years and counting!
In an effort to Make Better Happen, we are hiring a Quality Assurance Lab Supervisor at our Battle Creek Plant, the birthplace of Post and Honey Bunches of Oats.
As aQuality Assurance Lab Supervisor, you will beresponsible for providing technical quality support to QA, Operations, & Product Development with emphasis on continuous improvement, consumer/customer requirements, and continuous product quality. Act as official back-up for Plant Quality Manager and Plant Quality Food Safety Scientist. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality, and environmental practices.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Back up Plant Quality Assurance Manager and Plant Quality Food Safety Scientist in their absence.
• Supervises the QS hourly lab personnel including directions for testing requirements, scheduling overtime, administering discipline. Currently oversees 12 hourly personnel.
• Act as NIR Specialist
• Verify/Validate with Analytical Methods (Sugars (HPLC), Moistures (Oven), Salt (Titrator), Fat (Fat extractors), and colors (Hunter Color Meter).
• Set Testing frequencies based on a calibration status and production schedule
• Monitor, analyze and record data
• Adjust calibrations as needed
• Understand when calibrations need to be re-built and work with vendor to re-build.
• Manage performance of Quality Technicians assigned to the cross check position
• Maintain Laboratory and NIR equipment
• Maintain data collection system as it pertains to this particular area
• Manage the Battle Creek Microbiological Testing Program
• Utilize team to perform testing of environment, water, air and finished product following established testing protocols.
• Manage the Battle Creek Sensory Program
• Work with Corporate Sensory Department on schedules and needs
• Verify Technicians maintain within acceptable crosscheck parameters, re-train and review as needed.
• Manage the Pest Control Program
• Oversee the Pest Control Operator
• Monitor and maintain documents, procedures, maps, etc.
• Monitor pest control reports to ensure proper corrective actions are being used and reports are submitted weekly / monthly.
• Maintains accurate and readily accessible product and raw material specifications
• Communicates with suppliers on COA / Delivery issues
• Formula / Specification Maintenance User for the site
• Provide analytical data to various functions as needed
• Schedule bi-annual vitamin testing
• Act a department document coordinator
• Support department budget
• Participate in internal audits
• Participate in new product, formula change initiatives
• Utilize work order and supply ordering systems
• Other duties as assigned
Four year BS degree required. Degree preferred in Chemistry or other Technical Field.
Three to five years food product experience preferred. 1- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred. Knowledge of manufacturing processes, GMPs, food safety, GLPs, statistics and lab techniques required. Must possess demonstrated leadership skills. The successful candidate must exhibit versatility in data management.
This individual must possess excellent organizational and problem solving skills and have demonstrated math/statistical computation skills. Knowledge of SPC; the ability to work safely with chemicals, as well as, in and around equipment; the ability to compile, analyze and present collected data in summary form as well as being capable of performing a variety of tests. Must be able to communicate technical, scientific, and regulatory information, both written and verbally. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to make presentations, facilitate meetings, probe for root cause, and provide training to various groups within the organization and have knowledge of quality problem solving tools. Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.