Tempering – 3rd Shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use computer to review Fenevision job orders for CAD and handmade drawings; check for accuracy w/in 1/16
- Prioritize daily and weekly assignments in the tempering department.
- Properly evacuate glass out of your current oven if the case may arise
- Identify scratches coming out of washer before tempering
- Know tempering recipes from 1/8in glass all the way up to 3/4in glass
- Monitor and adjust the tempering recipe for bow
- Monitor proper temperatures and times for all recipes and thickness'
- Know how wide and long you can temper glass safely for your oven for max yield of the bed
- Know what dates should be run for the current day as well as future production needs
- Ensuring our high-quality standard.
- Position glass in seaming or tempering equipment (or position it on tables for hand tool use)
- Check and double-check glass using bar code reader, calipers, tape measure, and tools to check square; identify any out-of-square pieces and reject them
- Monitor glass moving through equipment so that seamed and/or tempered pieces are checked and moved promptly
- Use lifting cranes, harp carts, and A-frames for safe movement of glass
- Place tabs on corners of pieces of glass of different sizes in order to minimize risk of breakage
- Know where to place glass that is considered trash in specific areas
- Communicate with the department manager and other departments regarding any quality, performance, or production concerns
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Lift 70-80 lbs.~8x/hr; alternate standing, walking, and sitting for 8 hr/day; will kneel, twist, bend frequently; must wear appropriate PPE (typically safety shoes, safety glasses and cut-proof jacket; workers at tempering oven also wear heat proof gloves)